Katie practices in the Atlanta office of Lawrence & Bundy, where she specializes in employment law litigation and counseling. Katie develops efficient and cost-effective strategies to resolve litigation and prevent future litigation.
Katie has represented clients in a number of complex plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, class action, and collective action employment disputes in various federal and state courts involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, restrictive covenant, trade secrets misappropriation, unfair competition, and leave-related issues. She also has experience managing investigations and enforcement proceedings conducted by federal and state administrative agencies.
Katie also provides employers with advice regarding personnel and compliance matters, including drafting and instituting effective policies, practices and procedures, managing employee hiring, performance, discipline and discharge, providing reasonable accommodations, conducting reductions in force, and complying with federal and state anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, anti-retaliation, leave, and wage and hour laws. She also frequently assists clients with employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and severance agreements.
Before joining Lawrence & Bundy, Katie practiced labor and employment law with the law firms, McGuireWoods, Sutherland, and Jones Day. Katie also previously worked as a mediator for the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, where she successfully mediated over 100 cases and led mediation skills training sessions for law students.
- J.D., cum laude, Georgia State University College of Law
Research Editor, Georgia State University Law Review
- B.S., cum laude, The University of Georgia
- Obtained summary judgment for a healthcare organization in a case alleging race and age discrimination
- Conducted comprehensive internal investigation into allegations of race discrimination for fixture manufacturer and supplier
- Represented clothing manufacturer and retailer in case alleging pregnancy discrimination and violations of the FMLA
- Represented biotechnology company in case alleging disability discrimination
- Represented large carpet manufacturing company in multiple cases alleging discrimination
- Represented real estate investment group in restrictive covenant litigation
- Conducted wage and hour audit for a large manufacturing company
- Represented international corporation in series of FLSA collective actions across the country